Endive Mango Fig Appetizers
These Endive Mango Figs are a delicious treat, low in calories and fat. The figs are covered with a low-fat cream cheese spread and your favorite fruits and nuts. Make each fig your own by covering it with a unique topping. Give it a try and they'll be coming back for more!
Recipe submitted by Katie Taylor, Chief Customer Officer, Wal-Mart, Hanesbrands, Inc.
- 1 3-ounce package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2-3 medium heads Belgian endive, separated into individual leaves
- 3 Calamyra figs, sliced
- 1 large mango or papaya, cut into thin strips (alternate choices include grapefruit sections, Mandarin oranges or pineapple chunks)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (orange will also work)
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and macadamia nuts. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each endive leaf.
- Top with the mango strips, figs and other fruit choices. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Prepare as above through step 1. Loosely cover with plastic wrap; chill for up to 2 hours. Before serving, top with mango strips (or other fruit choices).
About 24 servings per recipe.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 30 calories
- 9 grams protein
- 2 grams carbohydrates
- 2 grams fat (1 gram saturated fat)