Eight Layered Greek Dip
This is a go-to, make-ahead recipe when you want an impressive knockout appetizer. Hummus, feta cheese and Kalamata olives come together to create an exotic taste for your next gathering. Not only does this Greek Dip taste great, it’s low in calories as well. Move over Mexican — this Mediterranean-inspired dip will be your new party favorite! Serve with pita chips.
Recipe from Holly Clegg, author of Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
- 1 (10-ounce) container roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Spread hummus on 9-inch serving plate and top with 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or crumbled goat cheese, 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives and 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining ingredients, refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 90 Calories (58% Calories From Fat)
- 6 grams fat
- 0 grams saturated fat
- 1 milligrams cholesterol
- 245 milligrams sodium
- 7 grams carbohydrates
- 2 grams dietary fiber
- 2 grams sugar
- 2 grams protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fat