Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Whip up these “wow”-inducing enchiladas in no time using rotisserie or leftover chicken. Toss in a can of black beans, drained and rinsed, for added flavor and nutrition.
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook.
Makes 12 enchiladas
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream
- 2 (10 ¾-ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 3 cups cooked, diced skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups shredded, reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, soup, onion, and green chilies. Mix well. In another bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, and corn. Add about 1/3 of the sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto a tortilla, roll and place seam-side down in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spoon remaining sour cream mixture evenly on top of filled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with enchilada sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until well heated. Remove foil and sprinkle with the green onions. Cook for 5 more minutes before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 49 mg
- Sodium: 670 mg
- Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat