Recipe from Jeannine Shao Collins, Senior Vice President & Publishing Director of Women's Lifestyle Group, Meredith Corporation.
When you're taking a day to pamper yourself, you'll surely enjoy having a wholesome, nutritious and eye-appealing lunch. Remember... it's all about you - and you are what you eat! Celebrate all that you are and want to be.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced pimentos or roasted red peppers
- 4 slices French bread, (1-inch thick)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- With a meat mallet, pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper to 1/2-inch thick. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and briefly sauté. Add chicken breasts and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until the meat is firm and the juices run clear. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, red onion, dill and pimento or roasted red peppers.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on all 4 slices of bread.
- Spray opposite side of bread with canola oil spray and toast in a large sauté pan for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until lightly browned.
- Place chicken, tomato slice and lettuce leaf on bread slice and serve.
Each recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 255 calories
- 21 g protein
- 26 g carbohydrates
- 8 g fat
- 48 mg cholesterol
- 444 mg sodium
- 4 g fiber