Dessert Party Pizzas
Everyone loves a great pizza, and contrary to what many believe, pizza can be both nutritious and delicious! Experiment with different toppings - brush olive oil on the crust and then add artichoke hearts, herbs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach leaves. . .or, serve this dessert pizza and the whole family will love it! Who needs to know it's healthy?
Recipe submitted by Ellen Bowman, Ph.D., Director, Global Health Care External Relations, P&G.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 cup sugar-free preserves (choose your favorite flavor, we used blackberry)
- 1/4 cup fresh fruits
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup kiwi fruit
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges (canned and drained)
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup bananas
- Prepare crust as directed on package. Bake and let cool.
- Spread preserves to edge of partially-cooled dough.
- Beginning at the edge, arrange fruit in rows, working your way inside in a spiral
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings per recipe.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 160 calories
- 5 g protein
- 31 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fat (0 saturated fat)