Recipe from Isaac Benchimol, Retail Promotion Manager, Wal-Mart Team, Pfizer, Inc.
This is a delicious and healthy salad that we like to eat wrapped in lettuce. Lettuce wraps are a healthy new trend. You can use lettuce to wrap any salad or rice dish or, for a “light” change, substitute lettuce for bread and wrap your favorite sandwich.
- 8 ounces of crabmeat (real or imitation)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 6 scallions, white and green parts
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 small carrot
- 5-6 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 3 leaves radicchio
- 4 large leaves, Bibb lettuce
- “Fist-size” bunch fresh Italian parsley (stems removed)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Finely chop all the ingredients, except bibb lettuce, and place them into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients.
- Pour enough dressing on the salad to moisten.
- Toss well, serve immediately and enjoy!
- Spoon salad into the Bibb lettuce leaves. Use 2 leaves per wrap.
Recipe makes 2 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 206 calories
- 13 grams protein
- 16 grams carbohydrates
- 10 grams fat
- 1 gram saturated fat