Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad
Holly Clegg, author of Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
The delightfully crisp Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad is from the ‘Ready-Made Menus – Summer Sensations’ chapter of Holly Clegg's KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook.
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl, combine cucumber and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and green onion.
- Toss with cucumber and feta.
- Add the mint and pine nuts.
- Season to taste.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 96 kcal
- Calories from Fat: 57%
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
- Sodium: 320 mg
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Total Sugars: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: This is one time fresh mint makes a difference. Pine nuts are pricey so if you don’t want to use them, just leave them out.