Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad
Turn cucumbers into this refreshing flavor combination.
Holly Clegg gives us a sneak peak at one of the best summer recipes from her new book, out early this fall, KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence! The delightfully crisp Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad, from the ‘Ready-Made Menus – Summer Sensations’ chapter, has become a standout with her family, and even better the mint is straight from her garden so you know it is easy!
Holly Clegg, author of Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl, combine cucumber and feta.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and green onion. Toss with cucumber and feta. Add mint and pine nuts. Season to taste.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 96 kcal
- Calories from Fat 57%,
- Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Sodium 320 mg
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Total Sugars 6 g
- Protein 3 g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: This is one time fresh mint makes a difference. Pine nuts are pricey so if you don’t want to use them, just leave them out.