Pick up a bag of shredded cabbage for effortless preparation of this vibrant salad with a mixture of sweet and savory ingredients in a sweet balsamic vinaigrette. Whenever I make coleslaw, it is always for a crowd, and this recipe feeds them all.
Find more recipes from Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook.
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In large bowl, combine green and red cabbage, red pepper, apricots, corn, green onions, almonds, and sesame seeds.
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Toss dressing with salad, mixing well.
Makes 10–12 servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 118
- Calories from fat 34%
- Fat 5 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 18 mg
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 10 g
- Protein 2 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat