Warm crescent rolls right out of the oven are one of the great joys of baking. Eat them with a meal or as a delicious appetizer. Grab one before they’re all gone at your next family gathering. Whether it’s down on the farm or in the middle of a busy urban area, these classic crescent rolls will send your family over the moon!
Recipe submitted by Ginger Graham, President & CEO, Amylin Pharmaceuticals.
- 1 yeast cake or 1 package of dry yeast, softened in 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- 5 cups flour
- Mix all ingredients, cover, and let stand overnight. Next day, divide dough into quarters and roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into triangles and brush with butter.
- Roll up and let stand 3-5 hours on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
This recipe makes 24 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 155 calories
- 4 grams protein
- 25 grams carbohydrates
- 5 grams fat
- 36 milligrams cholesterol
- 88 milligrams sodium
- 1 gram fiber