Recipe from Cleveland Clinic Healthy Heart Cookbook.
Comfort food at its finest! A bowl of yummy whipped potatoes can warm anyone, even in the coldest of temperatures. The cream cheese flavor sends your taste buds soaring.
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes; cut into small chunks. Cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender; about 20-30 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot, reducing heat to low. Add remainder of ingredients and heat through (potatoes mash better when other ingredients are warm).
- Cook potatoes per directions ahead of time, drain, cover and refrigerate in a microwave-safe container.
- Just before serving, add remainder of ingredients and microwave until hot, about 6 minutes total — stopping to stir once at 3 minutes. Whip as per remaining instructions.
- Mash with hand mixer or with electric mixer.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 136 calories
- 4 grams protein
- 22 grams carbohydrates
- 1.8 grams fiber
- 1.5 grams fat (12% fat)
- 0.9 grams saturated fat