Cream Cheese Vegetable Dip
Nothing tastes better than a creamy dip with fresh vegetables and herbs served with toasted pita bread. Nonfat and low-fat cream cheese are mixed together to cut down on the saturated fat, but not on the delicious taste. Tofu is added for smoothness, which gives it a rich taste as well as extra protein – a win-win recipe!
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup soft silken tofu
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- Place the cream cheese, tofu, garlic, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add the chives, cucumber, bell pepper and carrot, and pulse for a few seconds until just combined.
This recipe makes 1/4 cup, which is about 10 servings.
Dietitian's Note: A mixture of nonfat and low-fat cream cheese cuts the saturated fat but doesn't cut back on taste.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 62 calories (45% calories from fat)
- 3 grams total fat (2 grams saturated fat)
- 4.5 grams protein
- 3 grams carbohydrates
- 0 grams dietary fiber
- 10 milligrams cholesterol
- 137 milligrams sodium
- 82 milligrams potassium