Recipe submitted by Ron Schone, Wal-Mart Team Leader, Pfizer.
Serve up this New England classic and you're sure to receive some "oohs" and "ahhs.” This low-fat recipe puts on a spectacular show for family and friends.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup peeled, diced, 1/2 inch raw potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add celery, onion and green pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Add gradually to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
This recipe makes 4 (1 cup) servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 152 calories
- 6 grams protein
- 22 grams carbohydrates
- 6 grams fat
- 1 gram saturated fat