Chocolate Truffles Dipped in White Chocolate
Recipe from Holly Clegg's Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
Chocolate sandwich cookies and reduced-fat cream cheese come together to make an appetizing combination. Sprinkle in white chocolate chips for that extra burst of flavor. Close your eyes for this bite of ecstasy — it takes only three ingredients. Make ahead of time and enjoy this rich and satisfying treat!
- 1 (1 pound 2-ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In food processor, combine chocolate sandwich cookies and cream cheese, pulsing until mixture forms a ball.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In microwave-safe dish, microwave white chocolate chips for one minute, remove and stir until melted and creamy.
- Dip top of each ball in white chocolate and return to wax paper. Refrigerate until white chocolate hardens.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen truffles.
Baker’s Tip: Once truffles are hardened, you can transfer to resealable plastic bag. Keep refrigerated.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 76 calories (47 % calories from fat)
- 4 grams fat
- 2 grams saturated fat
- 3 milligrams cholesterol
- 70 milligrams sodium
- 9 grams carbohydrates
- 0 grams dietary fiber
- 6 grams sugar
- 1 gram protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat