Recipe from Scott Berger, Team Leader, Wal-Mart
It takes only minutes to stir fry these colorful ingredients in a wok. Mix in your favorite veggies, like peas, mushrooms and peppers, with chicken breasts to create a colorful dinner. Consider using the time you'll save to take a walk with a friend.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (approximately 8 ounces each, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup snow pea pods
- 1/4 cup each red, yellow and green bell peppers, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons ginger (1 teaspoon if using freshly-grated)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium, non-fat chicken broth
- Non-fat cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Brown chicken in non-fat cooking spray, approximately 4 minutes per side or until juices run clear. A wok is best, but a stovetop skillet works fine.
- Remove chicken from wok, cut into cubes.
- Return chicken to wok. Add 1/2 of the broth and all of the vegetables. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining broth, ginger, sugar and soy sauce.
- Pour over chicken and veggies.
- Serve immediately over rice.
6 servings per recipe
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 335 calories
- 20 g protein
- 56 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat)