Recipe from Carol Hamilton, President, L'Oreal Paris.
Building snowmen (and women), ice skating and sledding can build up a hearty appetite. Try this delicious chili recipe to warm up even the coldest winter snow bunny. Peppers, onions and garlic spice up this dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 28 ounce can crushed Muir Glen organic tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saucepot, brown beef until cooked through, drain and set beef aside.
- In the same pot, add onions, bell pepper, garlic and olive oil, and sauté over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and cooked beef. Stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Each recipe makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 370 calories
- 38 g protein
- 23 g carbohydrates
- 14 g fat
- 83 mg cholesterol
- 384 mg sodium
- 7 g fiber