Recipe from Dottie Peoples, Speaking of Women’s Health Celebrity Spokeswoman.
These chicken “wings" are a healthy version of the traditional favorite. By using low-sodium soy sauce and rice vinegar, you can make healthier chicken “wings" without sacrificing taste. They will fly off the platter at your next family gathering!
- 4 skinned chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
- 1/2 cup low-sodium wheat-free tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 cups thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- Combine all ingredients except green onions and chicken in blender container and process. Stir in the onions.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish and pour the marinade over chicken. Marinate for 10 minutes to 1 hour. Turn chicken occasionally to distribute marinade evenly.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil 5-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 200 calories
- 27 grams protein
- 13 grams carbohydrates
- 3 grams fat
- 72 milligrams cholesterol
- 402 milligrams sodium
- Trace fiber