Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This Italian favorite turns into an easy and effortless one-dish recipe with layers of chicken, marinara, cheese and topped with crunchy croutons. This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets pounded thin
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) package garlic croutons
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In 3-quart oblong baking dish, mix oil and garlic. Lay chicken breasts on top. Cover with marinara and sprinkle with basil.
- Sprinkle with half mozzarella, all Parmesan, all croutons and remaining mozzarella. Bake 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 346 Calories
- 39% Calories from Fat
- 15g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 84mg Cholesterol
- 724mg Sodium
- 19g Carbohydrates
- 1g Dietary Fiber
- 3g Total Sugars
- 33g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.