Featuring chicken, peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta, this fantastic, marinated light pasta salad combines bold flavors with great ingredients.
Recipe submitted by Holly Clegg, author of Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Gulf Coast Favorites
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 cups diced, rotisserie, skinless white chicken
- 1 cups frozen peas, thawed, or shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, reconstituted, reserving 1/3 cup water from reconstituting tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain.
- In large bowl, combine orzo, chicken, peas, green onions, feta, cucumber, toma¬toes, dill.
- In another bowl, whisk together reserved sun dried tomato water with remaining ingredients.
- Toss with orzo mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Terrific Tidbit: To reconstitute the tomatoes, pour 1 cup boiling water over them and let sit for 15 minutes or until soft.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Makes 10 (1-cup) servings
- 300 calories
- 19 grams protein
- 42 grams carbohydrate
- 6 grams fat
- 18 calories from fat (%)
- 2 grams saturated fat
- 5 grams dietary fiber
- 26 milligrams cholesterol
- 148 milligrams sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 vegetable. 1.5 lean meat