Enjoy a spicy south-of-the border taste with these chicken fajitas. Orange, lime and cilantro create a tangy taste to the meat. Peppers and onions give this dish some bite. This recipe also works great with beef and shrimp.
Recipe provided with permission from Chef LaLa, certified nutritionist, chef and author of the top selling cookbook Latin Lover Lite. View more of Chef Lala’s great recipes and tips.
- 1 pound chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lite soy sauce
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fine chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons canola oil
- 3 ounces red bell pepper, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 3 ounces green bell pepper, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 5 ounces red onion, peeled, thin slice
- 1 each jalapeno, seeded, small dice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
Each recipe makes 6 servings.
- Slice chicken breasts into ½ inch slices.
- In medium bowl, combine olive oil, light soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, seasoned salt, pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken; stir to fully coat.
- Cover, refrigerate and allow marinating for 2-4 hours.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over a high heat to achieve stir-fry effect.
- Drain excess marinade from chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet, sauté for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add red and green bell peppers, onion and jalapenos.
- Sprinkle soy sauce over vegetables, stir constantly.
- Vegetables should be cooked but still firm.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 117 calories
- 35 mg cholesterol
- 15 g protein
- 1.8 g fiber
- 9.3 g carbohydrates
- 32.3 g sodium
- 2.5 g fat (Saturated .3 - Unsaturated 2.2)