Recipe provided with permission from Chef LaLa, certified nutritionist, chef and author of the top selling cookbook Latin Lover Lite. View more of Chef Lala’s great recipes and tips.
Enjoy a spicy south-of-the border taste with these chicken fajitas. Orange, lime and cilantro create a tangy taste to the meat. Peppers and onions give this dish some bite. This recipe also works great with beef and shrimp.
- 1 pound chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lite soy sauce
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fine chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons canola oil
- 3 ounces red bell pepper, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 3 ounces green bell pepper, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 5 ounces red onion, peeled, thin slice
- 1 each jalapeno, seeded, small dice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- Slice chicken breasts into ½ inch slices.
- In medium bowl, combine olive oil, light soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, seasoned salt, pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken; stir to fully coat.
- Cover, refrigerate and allow marinating for 2-4 hours.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over a high heat to achieve stir-fry effect.
- Drain excess marinade from chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet, sauté for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add red and green bell peppers, onion and jalapenos.
- Sprinkle soy sauce over vegetables, stir constantly.
- Vegetables should be cooked but still firm.
- Serve immediately.
Each recipe makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 117 calories
- 35 mg cholesterol
- 15 g protein
- 1.8 g fiber
- 9.3 g carbohydrates
- 32.3 g sodium
- 2.5 g fat (Saturated .3 - Unsaturated 2.2)