Fajita and pizza together in one recipe can only mean instantaneous deliciousness. This recipe is from Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence: Cooking Basics Plus 150 Easy Healthy Recipes.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups shredded skinless, rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 (10-13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven 425° F. degrees. Coat pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine chicken with chili powder; set aside. In large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and green pepper, cooking until crisp tender.
- Unroll dough and place in pan; starting at center, press out with hands. Bake 6 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and spoon chicken and onion mixture over partially baked crust. Spoon picante sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 219
- Calories from Fat 26%
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 41mg
- Sodium 546mg
- Carbohydrates 21g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 4g
- Protein 19g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Can use a Boboli crust or can pick up your favorite prepared pizza crust.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Guy’s Guide To Eating Well. For more healthy recipes, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.