Mary Clarkin, retired Cleveland Clinic Certified Nurse Practitioner, shares her Cheese Ball recipe. It's one of Mary's favorite recipes and always a big hit at family gatherings and during the holidays!
- two 8 oz blocks of cream cheese
- one 8½ oz can of crushed pineapple, drained (Note: pineapple needs to be squeezed and drained well for best results)
- two cups of chopped walnuts (1 cup inside mixed with all ingredients, other cup save for outside the cheeseball)
- ½ cup of green pepper or red pepper
- two tablespoons chopped onion
Recipe can be cut in half.
- Mix all ingredients very well and then form a ball on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the other cup of chopped walnuts on outside and both sides of the cheeseball.
- It forms one large cheese ball or two small cheese balls.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can also freeze and then thaw out a few days before using.
- Serve with favorite crackers.