Recipe from Monica Hysell, Vice President, Medical Nutritional Sales, Ross Products Division/ Abbott Laboratories (Ensure).
Chalupas make a great light meal or cut into wedges for a hearty appetizer. The family will love them, and the good news is that they're loaded with veggies and nutrition!
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 14-ounce can black beans
- 6 oz. shredded low-fat cheddar cheese grated lettuce
- 1 14-ounce can drained low-sodium tomato chunks
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- Heat tortillas in oven or microwave, according to package directions.
- Lay tortillas flat on a cookie sheet.
- Add ingredients, beginning with a base layer of beans, then tomato, lettuce, any variations and finally top with salsa and cheese.
Each recipe serves 6.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 276 calories
- 14 g protein
- 29 g carbohydrates
- 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat)
- 313 mg calcium