Chalupas make a great light meal or cut into wedges for a hearty appetizer. The family will love them, and the good news is that they're loaded with veggies and nutrition!
Recipe from Monica Hysell, Vice President, Medical Nutritional Sales, Ross Products Division/ Abbott Laboratories (Ensure).
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 14-ounce can black beans
- 6 oz. shredded low-fat cheddar cheese grated lettuce
- 1 14-ounce can drained low-sodium tomato chunks
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- Heat tortillas in oven or microwave, according to package directions.
- Lay tortillas flat on a cookie sheet.
- Add ingredients, beginning with a base layer of beans, then tomato, lettuce, any variations and finally top with salsa and cheese.
Each recipe serves 6.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 276 calories
- 14 g protein
- 29 g carbohydrates
- 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat)
- 313 mg calcium