Ripe juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil, this salad rocks! Enjoy more recipes from Holly Clegg’s cookbook, trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
- 2 cups sliced tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Makes 4 (2/3 cup) servings
- In shallow bowl or plate, layer or arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and season to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 109
- Calories from Fat 69%
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Sodium 18mg
- Carbohydrates 4g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 4g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.