Butter Pecan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Easier than a sweet potato casserole but with the same sweet flavors — candied yams at their finest with a surprise of cayenne to add just a slight kick! This recipe is from Holly Clegg's trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence: Cooking Basics Plus 150 Easy Healthy Recipes.
Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings
- 6 cups peeled Louisiana yam (sweet potato) cubes (about 1/2-inch)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Spread cubed sweet potatoes evenly on pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, turning potatoes after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with butter, brown sugar, pecans and cayenne pepper. Return to oven and continue baking 10-15 minutes or until sugar is caramelized.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 148
- Calories from Fat 32%
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 81mg
- Carbohydrates 24g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 8g
- Protein 2g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat