This healthy appetizer takes only minutes to prepare but offers a lasting taste. Simple ingredients are combined to make an easy-to-serve dish. A combination of tomatoes, olive oil, basil, and parmesan cheese cover bread, making bruschetta a tasty snack or a complete meal.
Recipe from Katie Taylor, Chief Customer Officer, Wal-Mart, Hanesbrands, Inc.
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1" slices
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil and basil.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until bottom of bread is browned.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yields 6 servings per recipe.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 178 calories
- 6 grams protein
- 23 grams carbohydrates
- 7 grams fat