Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
Quick cooking spicy-seasoned chicken with cool avocado sauce makes an unbeatable combination. This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Guy’s Guide To Eating Well.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- In small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, onion powder, season to taste. Rub over chicken breasts.
- In large nonstick pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken over medium-high heat, cook chicken 5-7 minutes on each side or until done.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, and garlic powder until creamy. Serve over chicken.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 295 Calories
- 37% Calories from fat
- 12g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 110mg Cholesterol
- 210mg Sodium
- 7g Carbohydrates
- 4g Dietary Fiber
- 1g Total Sugars
- 39g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 5 lean meat
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Guy’s Guide To Eating Well. For more healthy recipes, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.