The sultry blend of blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar infuse the chicken with unbeatable flavors while the caramelized onions make a slightly sweet, savory sauce. If you’re uncertain about jam with chicken, wait until you try the moist flavored chicken!
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Too Hot in the Kitchen.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2-3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion 5 minutes. Season chicken with thyme and season to taste. Dust with flour.
- Add chicken to pan, cooking until browned on each side, about 7-10 minutes. Add broth and continue cooking another 15 minutes.
- Add jam and balsamic vinegar, bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook chicken for another 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 339 Calories
- 15% Calories from fat
- 6g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 99mg Cholesterol
- 113mg Sodium
- 31g Carbohydrate
- 0g Dietary Fiber
- 27g Sugars
- 40g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 5 very lean meat
Terrific Tip: The longer the chicken cooks in the sauce, the better it gets!
This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trimandTERRIFIC® Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. For more of Holly's easy, healthy recipes and tips, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.