Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Gulf Coast Favorites
A colorful concoction bursting with fresh flavors tossed with a zingy vinaigrette hits the spot on any table. Use as salad, side or salsa.
Makes about 6 (1/2-cup) servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Dash red pepper flakes
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve or refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 141
- Calories from fat (%) 35
- Fat (g) 6
- Saturated Fat (g) 1
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Sodium (mg) 222
- Carbohydrate (g) 19
- Dietary Fiber (g) 7
- Sugars (g) 6
- Protein (g) 5
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: For a variation, add 1/2 teaspoon ginger. If mangos aren’t in season, they may be found in jars or cans in the grocery.