Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Gulf Coast Favorites
A colorful concoction bursting with fresh flavors tossed with a zingy vinaigrette hits the spot on any table. Use as salad, side or salsa.
Makes about 6 (1/2-cup) servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Dash red pepper flakes
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve or refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 141 Calories
- 35% Calories from fat
- 6 g Fat
- 1 g Saturated Fat
- 0 mg Cholesterol
- 222 mg Sodium
- 19 g Carbohydrates
- 7 g Dietary Fiber
- 6 g Sugar
- 5 g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: For a variation, add 1/2 teaspoon ginger. If mangoes aren’t in season, they may be found in jars or cans in the grocery.