Light and delightful, strawberries layered with a luscious cream cheese layer and ladyfingers makes a simple, but amazing quick desert. This recipe is from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook cookbook.
Makes 16 (1/2-cup) servings
- 2/3 cup seedless sugar-free raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, split in half (24)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- In small bowl, mix together preserves and orange juice.
- In mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light. Mix in whipped topping reserving, 1/2 cup for topping.
- Line bottom of an oblong small dish with split ladyfingers. Layer with preserves mixture, cream cheese layer, and top with strawberries. Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers, preserves and cream cheese layer.
- Carefully top with thin layer of remaining whipped topping. Top with remaining strawberries. Cover, refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories 128
- Calories from fat (%) 24
- Fat (g) 3
- Saturated Fat (g) 1
- Cholesterol (mg) 9
- Sodium (mg) 79
- Carbohydrate (g) 23
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1
- Sugars (g) 11
- Protein (g) 2
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: Feel free to use your favorite berry in place of strawberries.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook. Visit Holly’s YouTube channel and website or blog for more recipes and tips.