Recipe submitted by Keisha Scott, Corporate Marketing Manager, Wal-Mart.
Beef Stew is a hearty meal for chilly nights, and this recipe works great in a slow cooker, which is a terrific time saver. Your family will love coming home to the aroma of dinner ready-to-eat! Who'll know you weren't in the kitchen all day?
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 cup red cooking wine
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Put everything in a small roasting pan and cover
- Bake at 325 degrees for 4 hours
8 servings per recipe.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 201 calories
- 24 g protein
- 7 g carbohydrates
- 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 54 mg calcium