Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Guy’s Guide to Eating Well
Fajitas have never been simpler! A quick fajita rub, combined with salsa, peppers and onions in slow cooker for fall-apart tender fajitas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: About 5-8 hours
Makes 8 (about 1/2 cup meat) servings
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak, skirt steak or boneless chuck
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 assorted bell peppers, cored and sliced (any combination green, red, yellow)
- In 3 1/2-6-quart slow cooker, pour salsa on bottom.
- In small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and season to taste. Season meat with all seasonings. Add meat, remaining seasoning, onion and peppers.
- Cook on LOW 8 hours, or HIGH 5-6 hours or until tender. Use slotted spoon, to remove meat, onions and pepper.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Calories from Fat 41%,
- 9g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 48mg Cholesterol
- 288mg Sodium
- 10g Carbohydrates
- 2g Dietary Fiber
- 5g Total Sugars
- 20g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Serving Suggestion: Serve with your favorite condiments and tortillas. Use corn tortillas to keep gluten-free.
Nutrition Nugget: Bell peppers are loaded with antioxidants and one of the best sources of vitamin C.
Recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Guy’s Guide to Eating Well. For more of Holly's easy healthy recipes, visit her Blog and YouTube channel.