Beef & Broccoli with Ginger
This Asian-inspired quick-and-easy meal is sure to please the whole family. Beef and broccoli combine together to create a wonderful-looking meal. Ginger is a tummy tamer, and it tastes great! Serve over brown rice.
Recipe from Karen Fondu, President, Maybelline New York / Garnier.
- 1 pound sirloin beef, pounded and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (1 teaspoon if powdered)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 cup beef bouillon (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups thinly sliced/chopped broccoli, including stems
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Mix ginger with beef.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot, fry meat quickly. When pink is gone, add onion and garlic. Lower heat.
- Add bouillon, sugar and soy.
- Just before serving, add cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 cup water. Stir.
- In separate pan coated with cooking spray or lightly oiled, stir-fry broccoli for 6 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Serve over rice
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
With 1/2 cup cooked brown rice:
- 413 calories
- 30 g protein
- 34 g carbohydrates
- 19 g fat (5 g. saturated fat)
- 53 mg calcium