A crock pot and five simple ingredients plus meat combine for a melt-in-your-mouth brisket meal that basically cooks itself! Serve as entrée or turn into scrumptious Beef Sliders by filling miniature rolls with brisket, Brie, and red onion — easy and fantastic!
Enjoy more delicious recipes from Holly Clegg's new cookbook, trim&TERRIFIC™ Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence.
- 1 (5-6 pound) brisket
- Garlic powder
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup ketchup
- Season brisket heavily with garlic powder.
- In 3½ - 6-quart slow cooker, insert plastic liner if desired, and mix together remaining ingredients.
- Add brisket and turn to coat with sauce.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender.
Serves 16-20 (4-5 ounce) servings
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 302
- Calories from Fat: 35%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 34g
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat