Banana, Raspberry and Blueberry Smoothie
Anthocyanins are colorful compounds found in red, purple or blue fruits and vegetables that are not only tasty, but good for us too! They are thought to “turn on” cancer preventive triggers in the cells, decreasing our risk for disease.
Anthocyanins cans be found in most berries including blueberries, blackberrries, cranberries, cherries, red grapes, eggplant peel and red cabbage.
- 8 oz. non-fat milk
- 1∕3 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- ¼ unsweetened blueberries, frozen
- ¼ cup unsweetened blackberries, frozen
- ¼ cup red grapes, frozen
- ½ banana, sliced and frozen
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Cut up banana in slices. Freeze banana and grapes.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more or less milk to desired consistency. Add your choice of sweetener, if desired.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 235
- Total fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 407mg
- Calcium: 361mg
- Magnesium: 51mg
- Potassium: 750mg