Asian Cucumber Salad
The citrus and ginger-soy sauce dressing turn cucumbers, tomatoes and avocados into a splendid salad. Serve this on a warm summer’s day to add the perfect flavor to your next gathering.
Recipe submitted by Holly Clegg, author of Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of NAKANO seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Partially peel (peel in strips lengthwise) cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds by scraping with spoon and cut into thin slices horizontally (instead of chopping), about 2 cups sliced.
- In bowl, place cucumbers, avocado and tomatoes.
- In smaller bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, orange and lemon juice and ginger. Toss with cucumber mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve.
This recipe makes 4 (3/4 cup) servings.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 66 calories (46 % calories From fat)
- 4 grams fat
- 0 grams saturated fat
- 0 milligrams cholesterol
- 309 milligrams of sodium
- 7 grams carbohydrate
- 3 grams dietary fiber
- 3 grams sugars
- 2 grams protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat