Debbie Recipe submitted by Debbie Hodges, VP, Divisional Merchandise Manager, Wal-Mart.
Warm apple crisps are a great pick-me-up on a cold fall day. Become the talk of your family and friends by serving some hot apple crisps, either by themselves or with a side of ice cream. You can make this delicious apple crisp with any of your favorite fruits. The recipe stays the same, but the taste is limited only by your imagination.
- 8 tart apples, or any fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine, cut into pats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup instant oats, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel fruit and cut into bite-sized chunks. Place in deep baking dish, coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. Combine water and vanilla, and pour over fruit mixture.
- In food processor, combine sugar, flour, oats and butter. Process until well blended and crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping onto fruit mixture, pressing down lightly.
- Bake at 325 degrees, uncovered, for 35 minutes, or until topping is golden. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Makes about 8 servings.
Baker’s Tip: If made ahead of time, toss apples or fruit with lemon juice prior to placing in dish.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 241 calories
- 37% calories from fat (22% from saturated fat)
- 1 gram protein
- 39 grams carbohydrates
- 10 grams fat
- 29 milligrams calcium
- 4.4 grams dietary fiber
*Nutritional analysis will vary for other fruits. This is for apple crisp.