Recipe from Karen Fondu, President, Maybelline New York / Garnier.
These apple chicken quesadillas are an amazing variation on a Mexican favorite. Try our quesadillas (with heart-healthy guacamole) and que sera, sera!
- 2 medium, tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup salsa (try fruity salsa for a sweeter taste)
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Place about 3/4 cup on half of each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5–8 minutes longer or until golden.
- Discard toothpicks.
- Cut each quesadilla into three wedges; top with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
6 servings per recipe.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- 237 calories
- 20 g protein
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat)