Beautiful Skin Is Healthy Skin
10 tips for a beautiful and healthy complexion.
Tips for a Simple Skincare Routine
Did you know that your skin is the body's largest organ? It comprises 15 to 20 percent of your total weight. As the largest organ and one that everyone can see, it's important that it is cared for properly.
It’s essential to develop a skincare routine that is simple and realistic. Beautiful skin is healthy skin. Make sure to always stick to a skincare routine, such as:
Keeping Skin Healthy With Age
As we age, our skin’s cells turn over less rapidly than they did when we were younger. With this slower cell replacement, our skin may begin to appear dull and its texture may appear to be different. The collagen and elastin fibers that provide the supporting structure of the skin start to weaken and unravel so that the skin’s elasticity diminishes. All of these changes are compounded by gravity, which may result in fine lines, wrinkles, droopy eyelids and jowls.
Although sun causes most skin damage attributed to premature aging, even people who avoid the sun will notice changes occurring. However, with good skincare and the availability of high quality skincare products, you can keep your skin looking vital.
10 Tips to Keep your Skin Fresh & Glowing
Here are some important tips to remember. To look good on the outside, you have to take care of yourself on the inside. Stick to the list below and you will keep your complexion healthy:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take care of your face and neck… but don’t forget the rest of your body! Use moisturizing body wash and lotions to help keep your skin glowing.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Apply sunscreen before going out in the sun to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays – the number one cause of premature aging. Use products that have a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Avoid midday sun between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Avoid tanning beds. If you can’t resist that “just off the beach” glow, try a sunless tanning product. Today you have many options, whether you're looking for just a blush of color or a bronzed look.
- Check your skin for the signs of skin cancer. If you see changes, call your doctor right away.
- Eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
- Stop smoking. It is well known that smoking is damaging to delicate skin, especially around the mouth and eyes.
- Select products that are specially formulated to work best for your skin type.
Today’s skincare products and cosmetics can be found for normal, dry, oily or sensitive skin, but that’s not all! Choose from anti-aging products that minimize fine lines and wrinkles, anti-acne medications to minimize pores and hypoallergenic ones for sensitive skin.