Simple Steps to Eye Health
6 Healthy Vision Tips
- Sun Protection: UV rays can damage eyes. Wear sunglasses regularly and wear a hat on sunny days.
- Contact Lens Care: Wearing unclean lenses can contribute to bacterial infections. Follow manufacturer's directions for proper cleaning and storage.
- Safety: Wear goggles and protective eye shields when working in hazardous conditions and when playing sports.
- Eat Right: Studies suggest that foods rich in antioxidants and green leafy vegetables can support eye health.
- Don't Smoke: Smoking can contribute to many serious eye diseases.
- Exercise: Studies indicate that circulation from aerobic exercise supports vital structures within our eyes, including the optic nerve.