How can I stop recurring Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) at home instead of going to the doctor every week?
Bacterial Vaginosis, also known as BV, is an overgrowth of bacteria that naturally live in the vagina. This can occur in several situations that disrupt the normal pH of the vagina.
Below are tips to help avoid recurrent BV infections:
- Use unscented soaps like plain white Dove or something similar
- Clean the vagina using warm water and your hand then pat dry with a clean towel
- Avoid douching
- Avoid bubble baths, bath oils, powders or fragrances
- Avoid panty liners/pads when you are not menstruating, simply change your underwear if you have an unpleasant discharge
- RepHresh vaginal gel can help to restore the pH balance of the vagina.
All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health Nurse
January 25, 2019 at 12:49pm