Ask the Nurse

I have a very small rash near my vaginal area. I went to the doctor today, and she told me it just looks like a cut or a pimple. But she also took a swab of it in case it was herpes or something else. I haven’t had sex yet with my partner, he’s only rubbed on me. Would you know what this is?

The rash you are experiencing could be many things, including:

It is good you saw your physician and got evaluated. There are many common conditions and some not so common that can affect the vulva. It is important to care for the vulva and return for a follow up with your physician.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health nurse

April 28, 2017 at 10:30am