Why do I keep getting recurrent bacterial vaginosis infections? I am trying probiotics now, do you think that could work?
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is an overgrowth of bacteria that naturally live in the vagina. This can occur in several situations that disrupt the normal pH of the vagina. Here are a few tips to avoid recurrent BV infections:
- Use unscented soaps like plain white soap unscented or oatmeal soap
- Clean the vagina using warm water and your hand then pat dry with a clean towel
- Avoid douching
- Avoid bubble bath, bath oils, powders or fragrances
- Avoid panty liners/pads when you are not menstruating, simply change your underwear if you have an unpleasant discharge
- RepHresh vaginal gel can help to restore the pH balance of the vagina.
All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health Nurse
February 5, 2019 at 9:22am