Ask The Nurse

To personally discuss a medical issue or to make an appointment, call 216-444-4HER (216-444-4437). You can also make an appointment at Cleveland Clinic. For your security, please do not use this form to email personal, confidential health information. We cannot diagnose or treat by email. Our email policies are explained further in this disclaimer. You may also wish to review our privacy statement. Disclaimer | Privacy

It looks like I have Paget’s disease around my nipple. It hurts. What should I do?

You need to see a breast specialist if you think you have Paget’s disease of the breast/nipple as this is a rare form of breast cancer. Please contact your PCP for a referral to a breast center or directly contact a breast specialist for an appointment as soon as possible. You will need to have a biopsy and treatment.

You can apply olive oil to the dry skin.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health nurse

April 3, 2017 at 4:12pm

Share this article


Go back to the question archive