Ask the Nurse

I had a hysterectomy in 2005, 13 years later I have no sexual drive and severe vaginal dryness. I am on antidepressants and have had back surgery. I still have my ovaries, but I have gone through menopause. My husband is 14 years younger and is still very interested in sex as where I have NO desire. What is your advice?

You should see a women’s health physician to get treatment for vaginal atrophy also called female genital syndrome of menopause. Even women with cancer can have their painful sexual activity (dyspareunia) treated.

Low sex drive that doesn’t improve with hormone therapy may be a candidate for Addyi/Flibanserin. Vulvar disorders need to be evaluated as well, so be sure to discuss with your physician.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health Nurse

May 1, 2018 at 3:08pm