Ask The Nurse

To personally discuss a medical issue or to make an appointment, call 216-444-4HER (216-444-4437). You can also make an appointment at Cleveland Clinic. For your security, please do not use this form to email personal, confidential health information. We cannot diagnose or treat by email. Our email policies are explained further in this disclaimer. You may also wish to review our privacy statement. Disclaimer | Privacy

I had an endometrial ablation a couple of years ago and my sex life has completely changed. I am now experiencing vaginal dryness and my libido is on zero. I also am experiencing painful intercourse and am having light bleeding after sex.

I changed doctors because I wanted a female doctor. My physician gave me a blood test and said I was not in peri-menopause because I am only 47 years old. Can you please tell me how can I get some relief?

It sounds like you are in menopause and need hormone levels FSH and estradiol checked.

There are many treatments for vaginal thinness, dryness and painful intercourse. You should see a menopause specialist who can check your hormone levels and discuss treatment options with you.

All My Best,
Nurse Mary

September 22, 2014 at 11:14am

Share this article


Go back to the question archive