Ask the Nurse

Can you please provide me with information on Lichen sclerosis?

Lichen sclerosis is a condition that can affect the skin of the genitals and cause pain in the vulva area.

This skin condition occurs most often in post-menopausal women and causes shiny, smooth spots that can lead to skin tearing. This condition can cause painful intercourse, but it is treatable. You should seek care from a vulvar specialist.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health Nurse

September 19, 2017 at 10:02am