Ask the Nurse

I was reading the HPV article on, dated January 19th, 2017. I have been diagnosed with HPV. How do I know what type I have? I have to have a follow up pap test in June.

There are several types of HPV, some that cause warts and other high risk strains that increase the risk of cervical cancer.

Your physician can tell you the results of your pap and HPV DNA test. Until you clear the HPV, you should get yearly paps and if the pap is abnormal you will need an office colposcopy.

All My Best,
Speaking of Women’s Health nurse

February 18, 2017 at 12:00am