Dark Chocolate and Cherry Brownies
This recipe is perfect for Valentine's Day and will fulfill all your chocolate cravings with heart-healthy ingredients.
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup granular no-calorie sweetener
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves, sugar-free
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
- Weight or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine cherry preserves, water, and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add preserves mixture to flour mixture; stir well. Add egg and egg white; stir until smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Calories: 110
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Sugars: 4 g